There are so many different types of brownies and everyone has their own favorite. I have seen so many personal versions of brownies lately so I decided I was going to try my own, and also because I was craving brownies. I took a good old box of Betty Crocker’s Fudge Brownie mix and doctored it up to my liking.
The Everything Brownie
Clearly I could not pin point my craving so I put it all in. Caramel, peanut butter, milk chocolate, nuts… Sounds like a marriage made in heaven!
I made my brownies in ramekins but these would work great in a normal 9x13 or 8x8 pan.
1. Make the batter as it states on the back of the box. I then placed enough batter to cover the bottom (Don’t forget to spray the dish with non-stick cooking spray!)
2. Make your caramel-peanut butter sauce. Yes, that’s right caramel-peanut butter. I melted caramel in the microwave and added some peanut butter. It is a taste that makes you think “Mmm peanut butter, but wait what is that other flavor in the back?” Oh yeah, it’s caramel!
3. Drizzle the sauce over the bottom layer or the batter, top with chopped toasted walnuts.
4. Add more batter just to cover the caramel-peanut butter-walnut layer. Cover the top layer with more walnuts and chopped milk chocolate.
5. Bake these at 350 degrees until you insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean. I checked mine every 15 minutes because I made them in a nontraditional pan. I think it took close to 40 minutes. I do suggest making these in a normal 8x8 pan because mine cooked unevenly and I feel that they would turn out better that way. But they were still yummy and fudge-y just as I hoped.
I had a baking helper today too… Toby!